Paleo Diet History: find out more before you Decide
Here is the Truth about Paleo Diet for Health & Fitness
It is our goal to give you information about the Paleo diet so, you can carefully consider if it’s the right nutrition choice for you and your family.
What is Paleo Diet
Our ancestors used to hunt for their food, hence they would move from place to place where food was abundant during each season. They would search for berries, fruits, vegetables, seeds, nuts, etc. For meat they would hunt for wild game or animals on land, such as: turkey, chicken, pigs, etc. and fish for trout, salmon, shell fish and other types of wild fish they could catch.
Health Conditions that Can Occur from Pre-Packaged Foods
Nowadays, not many people have the time to hunt for their food on a daily or weekly basis, so they usually head to the supermarket or nearest fast food chain. After a long day at work it can be tempting to purchase food that is quick to make such as pre-packaged foods or something that is made for you. However, research has shown that a variety of health conditions can arise by consuming these types of food frequently. Some of the illnesses are:
- High blood pressure
- High cholesterol
It is important to know how to take charge of what you consume and reduce the risk of developing certain health conditions. Here are some examples of food on a Paleo diet:
- Vegetables – this can include green leafy vegetables, tomatoes, broccoli, sweet potatoes, carrots, etc.
- Fruits – this can vary depending on what’s in season. Some examples are: bananas, oranges, strawberries, blueberries, pears, apples etc.
- Fish – this can include salmon, haddock, shrimp, shellfish, trout and other types of wild fish.
- Eggs – on this diet eggs are allowed.
- Meat – this generally includes chicken, pork, beef, lamb, turkey, etc.
- Seasonings – seasonings can include: sea salt, turmeric, rosemary, garlic, etc.
- Oils – this can be healthy oils such as: avocado, olive, coconut, walnut, flaxseed, etc.
- Dessert - Dark Chocolate
An example menu by Dr. Cordain’s READ IT HERE.
“Daily Sample Straight from Dr. Cordain’s The Paleo Answer:
- Breakfast: Omega-3 or free ranging eggs scrambled in olive oil with chopped parsley. Grapefruit, or any fresh fruit in season, herbal tea
- Snack: Sliced lean beef, fresh apricots or seasonal fruit
- Lunch: Caesar salad with chicken (olive oil and lemon dressing), herbal tea…”
The Paleo diet has differing views; it is important to get the advice of your doctor or a nutritionist on what’s best for your health conditions and weight-loss goals.
I personally think the Paleo is a little on the extreme side. I absolutely do not believe Paleo is for everyone. I am all about a good balance of whole foods like Lean Organic Meats, organic veggies, and good fiberous complex carbohydrates like sweet potato, brown rice, & Quinoa. We have certified personal trainers and a nuritionist that can give you some really good advice and guidance. They can customize a menu for you that can help you achieve your weight-loss goals and maintain the results. Along with that they will give you a grocery list.
In addition, Shaping U Fitness has a gourmet chef that prepares fresh food twice a week. It can be pre-ordered and delivered to your home, office or picked up at the gym. We do this to help people that want to eat healthy but have a busy lifestyle or simply want a variety in their menu. Call us for more information 205-586-0662.
To get your FREE Fitness and Weight Loss Reports!