Unconventional Cardio such as (HIIT) Training and the surprising Health Benefits
If you’re looking for an exercise regimen that can provide a vast amount of health benefits then you may want to consider (HIIT) High Intensity Interval Training.
HIIT sessions usually consist of a warm up period, followed by short burst intervals. This is done by using a timer or simply counting reps of high intensity exercise, complimented by medium intensity exercise for recovery, and ending with a period of cool down exercise. The high intensity burst intervals should be done at near maximum intensity. The medium exercise should be about 50% intensity. The number of repetitions and length of each depends on the exercise, but may be as little as 8 seconds of High Intensity exercise and then followed by 12 seconds of low level intensity exercise. Then the same thing could be done with 1 minute of High Intensity exercise and then followed by 1-2 minutes of lower level intensity exercise.
There is no specific formula to HIIT. Depending on a person’s cardiovascular level, the moderate-level intensity can be as slow as walking. Depending on the formula or used, will depend on how long a HIIT session should be. Typically these short burst interval sessions should usually last no longer than 15-30 minutes making this kind of cardio perfect for people short on time to train.
Unconventional Aerobic Fitness and Surprising Health Benefits
There are a variety of health benefits that (HIIT) exercises can offer, such as:
- Boost immune system – (HIIT) can help your immune system fight off colds, viruses and more.
- Reduce health risks – (HIIT) can help your body become stronger by helping blood to flow smoother. This in turn can help reduce the risk of Type 2 Diabetes, strokes, heart disease and certain types of cancer.
- Reduce risk of osteoporosis – this is a weight-bearing exercise which means it can actually strengthen your bones.
- Strengthen heart – this type of exercise can help increase HDL (high-density lipoprotein) and decrease your LDL (low-density lipoprotein), decrease plaque buildup in your arteries and in turn strengthen your heart.
- Produces endorphins – this type of regimen releases stress-relief hormones to help you feel more confident, stress-free and more.
- Improve cognition – by implementing this exercise into your routine you can improve the way your mind works. This is particularly important for people that are getting older or are experiencing a decline in the cognitive function (which involves remembering, thinking or reasoning).
Though it is important to improve your health the National Library of Medicine advises... READ IT HERE
“…While exercise is beneficial, be careful not to "overdo" it. …”
You may need to speak to your physician, if you have health conditions, prior to incorporating (HIIT) into your exercise routine.
It’s important to note that common types of (HIIT) exercises can cause you to hit a plateau. Therefore, if you’re looking for an unconventional exercise that can help optimize the health benefits you get as a result then you may be interested in boxing fitness sessions. It is a different type of regimen that is designed to increase the level of intensity based on how athletic you are and improves endurance. If you want to get a taste of this as part of your routine but do not want to start off with a 45 minutes to 1 hour class, then you may want to take a look at one of Birmingham’s Best Personal Training-Small Group Programs. This has other routines but at the end of each workout session it incorporates about 15-minutes of (HIIT) training like boxing and sprinting.
It is highly advisable to speak with a certified personal trainer to get a customized plan to help you achieve your fitness goals. A Personal Trainer that has been certified will be able to listen to any concerns you have, observe you during your activity and make adjustments to your regimen when necessary. Our personal trainers are Nationally Certified and eager to help you!
To get your FREE Fitness and Weight Loss Reports!